Listen, we all know the struggle.
It’s real and it can be brutal, this whole “giving up something we WANT so badly now so that we can get the results we NEED in order to live a fuller, healthier, longer life” thing.
But we’re here with breaking news: you CAN have dessert and still have success in your low carb diet or weight loss journey! That’s where this awesome roundup of 25 of the best low carb desserts comes in!
Read on for some low carb diet basics, great low carb dieting and snacking tips, and our yummy low carb desserts roundup!
Can You Eat Sweets on a Low Carb Diet?
Before you start slapping your own hand away from the cookie jar, let’s look back at some low carb diet basics.
Being on a low carb diet means that you’re going to get 40-50% of your calories from fat, 40-50% from protein, and 10-20% of your daily calories will come from carbohydrates. And there are three main types of carbs: starches, sugars, and fibers.
Sugars and starches are the carbohydrates that people fear most, and are found in most desserts. But if eaten wisely and occasionally, there are plenty of sweet options to enjoy while following low carb diet guidelines—as long as you stay within your 10-20% range of carb consumption.
Is Peanut Butter Okay on a Low Carb Diet?
Yes! Peanut butter is a great thing to have on a low carb diet. Not only does natural peanut butter contain a good amount of protein and some healthy fat (which works great for a keto diet plan as well), but with just about 3 grams of carbs per tablespoon, peanut butter is going to be found on any low carb dieter’s grocery list, for sure. Peanuts also inherently have a little sweetness to them which makes them the perfect base for plenty of low carb desserts and snacks!
What Are Some Low Carb Snacks?
There are a lot of low carb snack options available, particularly in the savory realm. But if it’s semi-sweet snacks you’re after, check out this list of several low carb snacks that will keep you on track for your health goals while still satiating that old sweet tooth.
- Cottage cheese with a few peach slices or a small handful of blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- Celery sticks dipped in peanut butter
- A creamy Lean shake—bookmark our peanut butter or cherry chocolate recipes!
- A handful of cinnamon toasted walnuts, pecans, or pumpkin seeds
- A roasted apricot stuffed with blue or cream cheese
- Homemade trail mix made of pecans, almonds, unsweetened coconut, and a few dark chocolate nibs
If it’s a low carb snack that satisfies both a sweet and savory craving, those should have you covered for a while!
Best Low Carb Desserts
Alright, we’ve got the sweet + salty low carb snacks covered, but what about full-blown low carb desserts? Sometimes, the occasion just calls for what feels like an indulgent dessert, but many low carb dieters haven’t found a way to justify the sugars and starches we typically find in the cookies, cakes, and ice cream we’re used to.
That’s where we come in with a list of 25 indulgent low carb desserts that’ll remind you dieting isn’t all about restriction and results. It’s about enjoying the journey, too. And for most of us, that means keeping dessert on the menu.
Now, the answer to the burning question: What desserts can I eat on a low carb diet? How about easy low carb desserts with just three or four ingredients? And some low carb desserts with no artificial sweeteners? Shareable desserts that even non-low carb dieters will love? Got you covered and more.
Don’t forget to pin this page to refer back to! Plus check out our System Recipes page for other delicious recipes that will help you stay on track with your diet.
- Try our gluten-free, grain-free, paleo chocolate no-bake cookies
- Mix it up with peanut butter instead of chocolate chips for some no bake peanut butter cookies
- If you’re missing classic cookies, try an almond flour chocolate chip cookie
- What about some walnut snowball cookies
- If you’re looking for fruity, try a nearly zero carb dessert with strawberry cream cheese cups
- Try a no bake raspberry cheesecake with a little lemon zing
- Or even a no bake avocado lime cheesecake which doesn’t actually taste like avocados
- If you love a good creamy avocado, try avocado fudge (just make sure you eat bite-size portions to keep the carbs and sugars in balance for your diet!)
- Still on the avocado train? How about chocolatey avocado brownies. (Again, watch serving sizes!)
- Chocolate covered strawberries anyone?
- Or chocolate strawberry mousse made with almond milk and greek yogurt
- Share a quick low carb chocolate mug cake with a friend
- Roll up some 3-ingredient dark chocolate truffles
- Low carb dessert bark is another great option that also comes with a protein boost
- Whip up some vanilla custard if you need a break from the low carb chocolate desserts
- Go super simple with whipped cream and berries
- Or use the whipped cream and berries to top off low carb crepes or pancakes with mascarpone
- Shake up a decadent salted caramel Lean shake
- Kick dessert up a notch with chia seed pudding topped with berries, nuts, or cantaloupe
- Ready to tackle the layers of a lower-carb sex in a pan?
- What about a decadent low carb creme brulee!
- Or even a 5-ingredient low carb dessert in the form of sugar-free nutella bars
- Get nutty with the delicious crust on this tasty low carb key lime pie
- Cool dessert down with fruity low carb frozen yogurt popsicles
- Spice up a classic keto fat bomb with cinnamon and cardamom
Have you tried one of these awesome low carb desserts, or have one to share? Tag us on your Instagram post @xyngularcorp when you find your favorite so we can keep updating this post!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.