Before starting any venture, you have to prepare. When you cook a meal, this means going grocery shopping, and gathering the ingredients and necessary tools. If you’re a pro ballplayer, you train, practice, and suit up before a big game. And if you’re beginning a weight loss journey, you take steps to improve digestion before beginning a new diet.
How Does Digestion Affect Weight Loss?
Your digestive system is more than just a means to an end. No pun intended. It’s where your body takes the food you eat and breaks it down into smaller nutrients that can be used for energy, growth, and repair. Anything that can’t be used is later expelled from the body.
While the type and amount of food you eat plays a big role in weight loss, taking steps to improve digestion, and your overall digestive system, can help you utilize the nutrients more efficiently, which can aid in weight loss. In the same way you wash your pots and pans before cooking a new meal in them, doing a digestive system detox will clean and improve your gut health before you begin a new health regime. This is one of the best ways to improve digestion and get the most from your diet.
What Causes Poor Digestion?
Your gut is constantly full of bacteria, both good and bad. Poor digestion happens when the bad bacteria is more prevalent than the good bacteria. Some things that kill good bacteria are antibiotics, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and food irritants. When the bad bacteria outnumber the good, your system gets out of balance, which makes it so you don’t absorb nutrients effectively. It can also lead to other problems including gas, bloating, upset stomach, and more. This article is helpful in explaining everything you need to know about good gut bacteria.
How Do You Fix Poor Digestion?
One of the secret tips of digestion is to clear the slate and give yourself a fresh start. To do this requires a colon cleanse. Believe it or not, cleansing your colon isn’t as intense as it sounds. There are several non-invasive, natural ways to do a colon cleanse that range from changing your diet for a period of time to taking a colon cleanse supplement like Xyngular’s Flush.
Probiotics also play a big part in improving digestion naturally. There are many digestive benefits of probiotics, but one of them is their ability to help good gut bacteria regenerate. While probiotics don’t completely flush your digestive system, they do also aid in cleaning it up and improving general gut health.
How Can I Improve Digestion?
Once you’ve cleaned your digestive tract, it’s important to keep it running smoothly. Here are a few tips to help your digestive system feel its best.
- Eat Real Food: Processed, fast, and fried foods, as well as foods that are high in sugar or fat, including fatty cuts of meat, are all harder for your body to digest and may leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable.
- Get Enough Fiber: Real food, like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, has fiber that improves digestion and keeps your insides running smoothly.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking water between meals will help curb your appetite. Plus, water helps food work its way through your system.
- Take Probiotics: Probiotics boost the number of good bacteria hanging out in your digestive system, and the more good bacteria you have, the better your digestive system functions.
- Get Moving: The simple act of standing upright allows gravity to help your digestive system. Make time for movement every day, even if it’s just a slow walk around the block, to help reduce bloating.
- Kick Bad Habits: Smoking and drinking alcohol or caffeine can interfere with your digestive system. Limit, or better yet, eliminate these and you’ll see the benefits in your digestive and other systems.
- Stress Less: Stress is a natural part of life, but if you find yourself stressed out more often than not, it may be time to make some life changes. Finding a stress-relieving outlet, a support network, or managing stress before it starts can all help keep stress from going to your stomach.
What Should I Eat To Improve My Digestion?
When we’re considering what to eat, we often make decisions based on taste, or calorie and nutritional values. But considering how well our body uses the food is just as important. For example, a low-calorie food that is full of artificial sweeteners is hard to digest. If you’re looking for foods to improve digestion, avoid processed, fatty, and fried foods, and opt instead for fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Real foods provide the fiber most of us are missing from our diet, and are full of other nutrients that our body needs, in a form that our body can absorb.
Is There Such Thing As Digestive Superfoods?
We all know that not all food is created equal. But it’s not as simple as bad food and good food. There are standout digestion promoting foods, even among other healthy diet choices. If you’re looking for the digestion superfoods, try some of these:
- Yogurt: The probiotics will give your digestive tract a boost
- High-Fiber/Low Fat Beans and Lentils: Black beans, baked beans, lima beans
- Fruit: Apple, pear, raspberries
- Vegetables: Artichokes, broccoli, green beans, green peas, split peas
- Whole Grains: Brown rice, whole wheat spaghetti, barley
What Are The Benefits of Xyngular’s Flush?
Xyngular’s Flush is a simple way to cleanse your colon to improve digestion and reset the balance of your gut biome. But that’s not all. Flush also helps improve nutrient absorption and supports immune function. It does all this without any harsh chemicals or crazy diets to shop for and follow. Simply take two Flush on an empty stomach before bed. That’s it. You can use it for up to ten days for a healthy, clean digestive system.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.