Weight loss shakes are often used as a meal replacement in order to achieve weight loss goals. While sometimes controversial, specially designed meal replacement shakes can absolutely be an effective and safe way to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. And unquestionably, one of the first areas people tend to target is stubborn belly fat.
How can I lose tummy fat fast?
Tummy fat: the bane of every health-conscious human’s existence. We all want to have a body that feels good, looks good, and that we can be proud of! And in order to accomplish that, one of the first areas to target is the belly.
Why is belly fat worse than other fat? Well, it’s not just about looks. Belly fat is made up of both subcutaneous and visceral varieties—neither of which are great for your overall health. While subcutaneous fat is the outer, pinchable variety, visceral fat is the kind that is stored within the abdomen around many of our most important organs, like the liver, intestines, and pancreas. And unfortunately, this type of fat can be extraordinarily damaging to your health, which can significantly decrease your quality of life and even reduce its length.
The good news is there are plenty of ways to rid yourself of that extra fluff (even the kind you can’t see). Here are 10 great ways to start:
- Eat plenty of fiber. On top of keeping your digestive system “regular,” soluble fiber creates a feeling of fullness, meaning you have less desire to eat as much or as often. Veggies and fruits, as well as legumes, are great sources of soluble fiber.
- Cut back on sugar. Sugar intake has long been associated with increased belly fat (surprise, surprise!). Limit your intake of especially added sugars in desserts and even many breads and crackers.
- Eat fewer carbs. Low-carb diets yield better results than those that cut out fat, and they often generate those results quicker. Which isn’t to say you should cut them entirely, as that often leads to binging and poor results.
- Get plenty of protein. Protein increases your feelings of fullness and your metabolic rate, priming you for weight loss, particularly around your midsection. Find good sources of lean protein like fish, eggs, and whey often.
- Take in the right nutrients. A healthy balance of nutrients is imperative in every diet. Plenty of veggies, especially greens, and fruits, as well as whole grains and lean protein are great sources for balanced nutrition.
- Cut back on alcohol. Many studies have linked excessive alcohol consumption with increased waistline fat. Consider limiting your intake to less frequent social occasions.
- Find ways to de-stress. High stress levels often lead to unhealthy habits and coping mechanisms such as poor sleep and emotional eating. De-stress with exercise, meditation, journaling, or positive human connection frequently. A healthy supplement can help control your stress hormones as well.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is integral to overall health and wellness. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep at night can help contribute to overall wellness, and even reduce your risk for obesity.
- Find a good combo of cardio and resistance exercise. The jury is still out, and probably always will be, about which is better for losing belly fat—cardio or weight training. Luckily, both are beneficial and will yield positive results when combined with a healthy diet.
- Choose a healthy weight loss shake. Because most people’s lives are out of balance in one way or another, a great option is to choose healthy weight loss shakes that can not only help you manage time and stress with their ease and convenience, but increase your intake of the necessary nutrients, fiber, and protein required for a healthy weight loss experience.
TRENDING: Xyngular Guide To Weight Loss
Are meal replacement shakes good for weight loss?
Meal replacement shakes are often synonymous with weight loss shakes because they can achieve similar results in terms of losing weight. However, they differ in that meal replacement shakes, like our Lean Meal shake, are designed with overall nutritional support in mind. With a combination of fruits and greens, proteins, adaptogens, and probiotics, our meal replacement shake looks to replace the nutrients you may otherwise miss out on with a typical weight loss shake. Lean Meal acts as a meal or snack replacement and weight loss shake combination by keeping you full longer AND providing complete nutrition to aid in maintaining a healthy weight, building and maintaining lean muscle, and supporting gut health—all of which contribute to healthy weight loss and overall well being.
Is there a difference between protein shakes and meal replacement shakes?
While protein shakes can occasionally serve as a meal or snack replacement, they differ in that they are specifically formulated for athletic performance and gaining muscle. They often lack the nutrients found in a full meal replacement shake and are therefore not suited as part of a healthy and long-term weight loss plan.
Can you really lose weight with shakes?
When used appropriately, weight loss shakes can be part of a healthy way to lose weight. A good weight loss shake, or meal replacement shake, should typically take the place of one meal or snack each day as part of a long-term weight loss plan. A good weight loss shake should leave you feeling full, energized, and satisfied in order to stave off hunger and give you the energy you need to reach and maintain your weight loss goals.
In order for that to happen, you’ll need to avoid many of the weight loss shakes on the market that are full of sugar and fat and low in fiber, effectively rendering them glorified smoothies. Ideally, you should look for a weight loss or meal replacement shake that is packed with a nutrient-dense combination of the types of ingredients you’d otherwise be getting if you’d had a whole meal instead.
In conjunction with other healthy habits, such as getting enough sleep, managing stress, and maintaining a nutrient-rich diet and dynamic exercise routine, weight loss shakes can absolutely be a fundamental part of your successful weight management journey.
More on Weight Loss From Xyngular
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.