Being on a low carb diet doesn’t always have that easy-breezy, grab-and-go feel that we are so used to when it comes to American breakfast foods. Cereal, granola bars, muffins, toast...all nice options when it comes to rushing out the door on a busy morning (which is basically every morning, right?)—except when you’re on a low carb diet. Then you automatically turn to a tried and true low carb option—eggs. Scrambled, fried, hard-boiled...right, we get it, eggs are great!
Buuuuut sooner or later, you’re going to want some delicious low carb breakfast ideas that don’t highlight that little shelled wonder and still feel doable. Read on for some of our best low carb breakfast ideas, many with no eggs at all!
What Can I Eat For Breakfast Besides Eggs On A Low Carb Diet?
If you feel like you’re stuck in a low-carb egg rut, try adding some of these awesome ingredients to your low carb grocery list! You’ll find that having these in stock will prepare you for creating a plethora of tasty low carb breakfast ideas you hadn’t thought of before!
- Green peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Natural peanut butter
- Low carb nuts like pecans
- Almond flour
- Chia and flax seeds
- Heavy cream
- Lean Meal
Best Low Carb Breakfast Ideas
Welcome to a whole new world of incredible low carb breakfast ideas! Believe it or not, flavor, texture, speed, and portability don’t have to be sacrificed just because you’re on a low carb diet. And we’ve got you covered with some of the best low carb breakfast ideas out there. Hopefully, with some of these in your arsenal, your morning meals will feel a bit more doable! And versatile. And delicious. And...well, we’ll get on with it.
- Try ham and asparagus rollups with parmesan cheese to get some quick veggies in for that first meal of the day. Add chives and even a little nutmeg to spice things up.
- Creamy sausage gravy over chaffles? Yes, please. The secret? Use cream cheese and heavy whipping cream to thicken the gravy instead of traditional flour, corn starch, or xanthan gum in milk keeping it nice and low carb or keto-friendly.
- Low carb cereal—yep, it’s a thing. Think plenty of pecans, almonds, and coconut mixed with a good helping of chia and flax seeds drizzled in heavy whipping cream or your favorite low carb milk.
- Even low carb bagels exist! We’re serious. Just combine almond flour, a couple of eggs, cream cheese, and plenty of mozzarella with your favorite everything seasonings for a flavor-packed low carb bagel!
- And when you’re looking for another place to use that cream cheese, whip up some quick cream cheese pancakes! Top with some heavy whipping cream and strawberries to really bring it home.
- How about low carb breakfast pizza? Yeah, we’re serious on this one, too. You can prep a yummy riced cauliflower pizza crust filled with mozzarella and parmesan the night before and top with pepperoni and green peppers under the broiler come morning.
- Craving more veggies? How about a solid bacon, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower hash flavored with onions and garlic. And hey, toss in a few eggs if you’re feeling it today. Top with salsa and avocado for even more flavor and some healthy fats.
- Looking for a yummy no-cook low carb breakfast? Make chia seed pudding with low carb milk and leave it to set up overnight. Top with fresh raspberries or strawberries in the morning for a sweeter low carb breakfast idea.
- Now for those seriously rushed mornings—snag a Lean Meal shake made with natural peanut butter for a full-on meal replacement with complete nutrition on the go.
All of these yummy low carb breakfast ideas will fit seamlessly into your low carb or keto diet! Just make sure that moderation is key. Too much of any good thing can mess with a well-balanced diet plan! Rotate some of these no egg low carb breakfasts with other higher protein, higher fat options as well.
Breakfast Foods To Avoid On Low Carb Diet
Honestly, you know the drill here. If it’s full of flour, sugar, or starch—avoid it!
That means you’ll need to cut out many obvious breakfast go-to’s like traditional sugary cereals, muffins, pancakes, toast, potatoes, sweetened yogurt, and high-carb fruits like bananas.
But, as you noticed earlier, this doesn't mean you’re destined for boring, flavorless, or seriously laborious breakfasts from now on! Just bookmark this page to refer back to when you’re in need of a bit of low carb breakfast inspiration.
Is there a Good Way to Supplement a Low Carb Breakfast?
Adding a wellness system like Xyngular’s Ultimate is a great way to supplement your low carb diet journey. Ultimate contains 13 proven products that work together to help you achieve maximum weight loss and overall wellness. The supplement system includes products designed specifically to support you all day by suppressing appetite, increasing energy, curbing cravings, managing already-healthy blood sugar levels, and more. Ultimate also includes our nutrient-rich meal replacement Lean, which is perfect for creating some of our best low carb breakfast ideas.*
Ultimate can help keep you on track with a low carb-specific diet plan, but will also introduce you to the Xyngular community—family, really—which proves to be an incredible resource for information, support, and recipe ideas to use while on your low carb journey!
Contact your Xyngular rep today to learn more about our Ultimate System and follow us on social media for more great information and recipes!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.