Rightly so! Our hearts are incredibly powerful muscles that perform critical functions in our bodies every second, yet we tend to take them for granted and don’t take care of them like we need to. So what can we do about our cardiovascular health? Well, we start by assessing that cardiovascular health and then do everything we can to improve it with cardiovascular exercise and cardiovascular health foods and supplements.
Read on for some of our best cardiovascular health tips!
How Do You Know If Your Heart Is Healthy?
We all want a strong heart that will allow us to enjoy a long, active, and healthy life. But how do we know where our hearts stand right now? Here are some simple but effective ways to measure your own heart health.
- What is your resting heart rate? Many doctors prefer it to be somewhere in the 50-70 BPM range.
- How is your blood pressure? Ideally, it will ride right around 120/80.
- Do you have low cholesterol? Your total cholesterol should be well under 200, with LDL, or “bad cholesterol,” levels under 100 and HDL, or “good cholesterol,” over 60. This will help ensure a lack of arterial buildup and better circulation.
- What is your general energy level? Since a healthy heart will be efficiently pumping oxygen-filled blood and nutrients to your entire body, you should feel a general sense of energy rather than constant fatigue.
- How quickly do you recover after exercise? Ideally, your heart rate should drop by about 20 BPM after 1 minute of recovery time post-exercise. That’s a heart-healthy sign that it is able to bounce back after physical stress.
- How is your blood sugar? Cardiovascular health partly depends on healthy blood sugar levels.
If you’ve gone through the checklist and find that there is some room for improvement (isn’t there always?), or even if you just want to stay on the right track, there are some ways to improve your cardiovascular health.
How Can You Improve Your Cardiovascular Health?
Many cardiovascular health tips are the same as those for the rest of your bodily systems: eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, manage your stress levels, get enough sleep, don’t smoke, don’t overindulge in sugar, fat, or alcohol...the list goes on.
But let’s get more specific—what are some of those critical heart-healthy behaviors?
What Should We Eat For a Healthy Heart?
One of the best cardiovascular health tips we could give is to encourage a heart-healthy diet. There are plenty of cardiovascular health foods out there.
Whole foods, of course, come first. The cleaner, less-processed sources of nutrients are not only great for digestion and the gut, they’re fuel for a powerful cardiovascular system. Look to add a good dose of these foods to your heart-healthy diet:
- Fish high in omega-3s like salmon, tuna, and herring
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts
- Seeds and oats
- Fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors, especially reds, oranges, yellows, and greens
Also ensure you’re limiting unhealthy fats, sugar, and sodium, and control your portion size.
What Are The Best Exercises For The Heart?
Cardiovascular health exercises come in many forms but have a couple of main components—they must be low-impact and longer-term, meaning they need to be aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercise is the best for both the heart and lungs (not shocking since aerobic literally means “with oxygen”) because it helps increase your blood flow and oxygen threshold, both of which are key for a happier, healthier heart.
Some great cardiovascular health exercises include:
- Resistance training
Being consistent and training your heart with cardiovascular exercise several times a week for about 30 minutes can greatly improve your heart health by increasing circulation, oxygen saturation, and improving blood pressure.
What Else Can I Do For a Healthy Heart?
These cardiovascular health tips should have you well on your way to a stronger, more efficient heart. But are there other things we can do to maintain (or support) your already healthy heart? Absolutely.
Xyngular’s Cardio is a powerful cardiovascular health supplement that can support heart health and higher blood flow by promoting circulation with the help of the top three recommended natural heart health ingredients: niacin—a B vitamin shown to help support healthy cholesterol levels, citrulline malate—an amino acid that supports improved circulation throughout the body, and CoQ10—an antioxidant-rich co-enzyme that helps energize your cells. Cardio is the tastiest way to show your heart some daily love in a simple, fast-dissolving powdered drink mix-in.
Taking Cardio before exercise can increase cardiovascular performance for anyone embracing an active lifestyle and looking to support an already healthy heart. With heart-healthy nutrients in research-backed ratios and quantities, Cardio can provide daily heart health support in a way that makes you feel safe and energized.
More on Heart Health From Xyngular
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.