Want a low-carb dinner option that comes together fast? Our low-carb Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables makes excellent use of a pile of vegetables from the fridge and some healthy turkey sausage. You won’t believe how good low-carb can taste.
Sheet Pan Vegetables With Sausage Recipe
Calories 289 |Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16 g
● 3 C cubed butternut squash
● 2 1/2 C broccoli florets
● 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
● 1 large red onion, sliced
● 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 tsp. kosher salt
● ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
● 8 Italian turkey sausages, cut into ½ inch slices
● 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place butternut squash, broccoli, bell pepper, and onion in a bowl, and toss with olive oil. Spread out in one layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the vegetables. Add sliced sausage to cooked vegetables. Roast an additional ten minutes, until just browned.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top with roasted red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.
What Vegetables Are Low Carb Approved?
Low carb vegetables include peppers (green if possible), olives, lettuce, kale, lettuce, eggplant, asparagus, avocado, broccoli, green beans, cucumber, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, and tomatoes. You can also try artichokes, cabbage, eggplant, onions, radishes, celery, Brussels Sprouts, cucumbers, garlic, and mushrooms for additional options. If you’re looking for a great low-carb side dish, just combine a few of your favorites on a sheet pan for low-carb roasted vegetables—they go great with everything.
What Are The Health Benefits of Squash?
Squash is an incredible vegetable. It’s well-known for being high in vitamins A, B6, C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. All of these health benefits have earned squash the reputation as being a nutritional power-packed vegetable. Combine squash with other low-carb vegetables for a healthy vegetable recipe.
TRY THIS: Lean Green Smoothie Recipe
Is There Any Healthy Sausage?
Our favorite healthy sausage is turkey or chicken sausage, but you have a lot of options out there. When choosing a healthy sausage look for a sausage that contains less than 450 mg of sodium per serving. It’s also important to look for a sausage with the highest possible percentage of meat. The ideal ratio is a sausage with over 90% being meat, and the minimum should be 85%. It’s also important to select a sausage with less than 8% saturated fat.
If you’re looking for more great-tasting meals, you’ll want to check out these other low-carb recipes from the Xyngular test kitchen.
If you’re interested in kick-starting your weight loss journey, consider the Xyngular 8-Day Jumpstart program, which prepares your body to lose weight fast.*
For more information on the 8-Day Jumpstart, and other Xyngular systems, contact your Xyngular distributor, or call our Member Service team at 1-801-756-8808. Or, if you have a Xyngular account, you can log in to place your order.
*Lose up to 15 pounds in 8 days. Lose an additional 1-2 pounds or more each week following the 8-day jump start. Results are not guaranteed and can vary.
More On Weight Loss From Xyngular…
The Xyngular Guide To Weight Loss