Mix up your traditional Taco Tuesday with some new flavors, and try Fajita Spiced Chicken with Peppers and Onions. These low carb fajitas have a fantastic flavor that is sure to please your whole family.
Fajita Spiced Chicken with Peppers and Onions Recipe
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories: 280 / Fat: 14g / Protein: 32g / Carbs: 6g
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with ¾ of fajita seasoning. Mix together and saute until cooked through, for about four minutes.
- In a second pan, heat the remaining two tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add peppers and onions. Stir in remaining fajita seasoning. Cook until vegetables are soft, about five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
What is my Fajita Seasoning Made Of?
While there are many fajita seasoning recipes out there, a typical fajita seasoning blend includes spices such as chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin to name a few.
Looking For More Healthy Chicken Recipes?
Chicken is delicious! It can be the foundation of so many fantastic and healthy meals. A few of our favorites include Garlic Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower and Chicken with Green Beans and Almonds. Three recipes that are healthy and full of such a variety of flavors!
What Are Good Low Carb Toppings for Fajitas?
Spice your fajitas up with low carb toppings galore! This low carb friendly dish is perfect to serve with guacamole or diced avocado and cilantro. Post-Jumpstart add even more with cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, or your favorite kind of salsa.
Best Low Carb Spices
There are many low carb spice options available. The best options are basil, coriander, tarragon, mint, cinnamon, ginger, and thyme. Oregano, paprika, cumin, and cayenne are also good options but have a slightly higher carb count, so be sure to watch the amount used. Wondering if this recipe can also be made to be keto-friendly? Check out our Guide to Low Carb versus Keto to review the nitty-gritty details.