- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine spices in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season with the spice mix.
- Heat large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add salmon skin side down. Press firmly with a fish spatula for 10 seconds.
- Cook until skin releases easily from the pan, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip salmon and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- Heat the second skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- When hot, add kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook until wilted.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté another minute or two.