What Are The Benefits Of A Supplement For Men?
There are a lot of factors we can’t control when it comes to our health. Luckily, there are also many we can—including being physically active, maintaining a healthy diet, managing stress, getting enough sleep, and opting for a supplement to help maintain and even improve the health you do have. Based on a recent study, almost half of adult men take supplements. Why? Because they’re beginning to care more about their health and realize that they can support it with the use of the right supplements.
When it comes to health-conscious men, most take supplements because they want to improve overall health, want to maintain their health, increase performance results, promote a healthy immune system, or they’re looking for a viable option for energy. Some of the benefits of a supplement for men include weight loss, support for an already-healthy hormone balance, increased athletic performance, and building of lean muscle.
There are some popular supplements for men on the market, which although deliver results aligned with the benefits most men are going after, still have known negative side effects which aren’t kind to the body.
Creatine is known to cause stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, and muscle cramping.
Most protein powders because of high doses of protein can cause cramps, reduced appetite, headaches, fatigue, and increased bowel movements.
Prohormones (Testosterone Boosters) have been known to increase acne, liver damage, increase breast size, and increase the rate of hair loss.
Caffeine at over-abundant amounts can cause insomnia, stomach irritation, nausea, increased heart rate, and insomnia.
Nitric Oxide has been known to result in bloating, gout, blood abnormalities, allergies, increased symptoms of asthma, low blood pressure, and diarrhea.
Glutamine can be really dangerous for some individuals. Can result in seizures, digestive issues, constipation, coughing and a slew of other bad stuff.
Use these supplements for men with caution. In fact, don’t even use them at all. Even though some of these will deliver results, it comes at a cost and usually it’s your body writing the check for it.
What Are The Best Vitamins and Minerals For Men?
All vitamins and minerals are important. The information below isn’t meant to endorse one vitamin or mineral over the next one. It is simply an exercise in calling out which vitamins and minerals are integral when it comes to improving the overall health of men. This includes promoting overall health and support of healthy aging.
Best Vitamin: Vitamin D
The benefits of taking vitamin D are incredible. As it relates to men’s health, it’s easy to see why vitamin D is one of the best vitamins for men. It is known to keep bones healthy. Vitamin D also increases the absorption rate of important minerals such as calcium. Scientists have also found that our body’s tissues have vitamin D receptors: in muscles, intestines, the heart, blood vessels and yes...the prostate. In fact, there are some studies where scientists have shown the many benefits of Vitamin D can have on the prostate.
According to the International Journal of Endocrinology, taking vitamin D might also improve a man’s sexual health. Lower than normal levels of vitamin D have been linked to poor male sexual function.
Aside from Vitamin D, the other vital vitamins for men include Vitamin’s A, C, E, and K. These are also staples for a man’s optimal health.
Best Mineral: Zinc
There are a lot of benefits of zinc. Truth be told, zinc is an amazing supplement for everyone, but a few of its main functions and properties may directly impact the health of men. Aside from supporting healthy bones, healthy skin, and supporting the immune system, zinc also has a handful of benefits specific for men:
- Along with vitamin D, zinc promotes a healthy prostate. This is something that affects older men, but prostate health is something which men should be concerned with even in earlier stages of life. For prostate health, zinc is one of the most important minerals for men.
- Zinc aids in protein synthesis. This isn’t just about the guy who likes to go to the gym every day and build muscle. Proper protein synthesis affects every cell in the body. The cells in your DNA, those in your heart, brain cells, all of them rely on proper protein synthesis in the body. It’s not just about building lean muscle, zinc is about skin health, healthy bones, muscle recovery, and energy.
- Zinc supports healthy hair growth. Women can benefit from this too, but by age thirty-five, 66% of American men will experience some level of hair loss. By age fifty, that number is around 85% who have significant thinning hair. Do yourself a favor and tap into that function of protein synthesis (the building block for keratin, the main protein of hair) and help promote healthy hair.
- Zinc promotes the balance of normal testosterone levels. As men age, they experience lower levels of testosterone, which causes things such as fatigue, muscle loss, and low libido. Some research suggests that not getting enough zinc in your diet could be a cause of this drop in testosterone aside from the normal factors of natural aging.
These are valid reasons why men should be aiming to get optimal zinc in their diet. Other really important minerals for men include: magnesium, calcium, selenium, copper, manganese, and chromium. Each of these offer their own unique benefit.
Prime: The Xyngular Supplement For Men
Men’s health is so much different than a woman’s. A major reason why is based on biology, but there are also other emotional, societal, and mental reasons why a man’s health varies from a woman’s. For example, men go to the doctor less than women and are more likely to have a serious issue when they actually do go. For the most part, as long as a man is working, walking, eating, sleeping, and feeling productive, they don’t think anything is wrong with their health. Stress, strenuous activity, physical work, natural aging, and even being just a little overweight can throw a man's health out of balance. Most of the health issues which affect men largely go unnoticed. To support men through a normal male lifestyle and natural aging process, Prime primarily helps men’s health in four major areas: boosting levels of free testosterone, improving workout results, sculpting lean muscle, and heightening sexual performance.
Prime is intended for men over 18 years of age. Prime is also a naturally sourced product. Even better, Prime contains no hormones and contains no steroids. Our supplement for men doesn’t even contain caffeine or green tea. Remember all those nasty negative side effects of some of the most popular types of supplements for men we outlined above? You don’t have to worry about those with Prime. This top quality men’s health product contains a proprietary formulated combination which creates one of the most effective and complete male testosterone optimizers on the market. Once again, Prime supplement for men does not contain hormones, but naturally promotes healthy testosterone levels. One way it does this is through Prime’s premium ingredients, which includes Vitamin D, Zinc L-OptiZinc®, Black Pepper Fruit Extract Bioperine®, Boron, Ashwagandha Root Extract, Maca Root Extract, and other ingredients aimed at targeting optimal men’s health. Prime is a specifically engineered supplement for men.
- Prime contains no soy
- Sourced from the highest quality raw ingredients
- Can be taken with other Xyngular supplements
- Manufactured in the U.S.
- Contains no harsh stimulants
- Our premium Prime formula is one of the most effective male hormone optimizers on the market to support men’s health and help reduce inflammation often associated with exercise.
- Naturally promotes healthy testosterone levels
- Enhances sculpting of lean muscles
- Incredible source of natural energy as opposed to relying on stimulants
- Helps support proper sexual health with naturally sourced, proprietary ingredients